Originally this 6x6 blank journal was going to be filled with loads of experimental (for me) art. But it didn't take long for it to turn into something a bit more structured.
The cover was blank chipboard, which I inked with a violet inkpad; the papers with the birds on are from Marah Johnson's 'Dare to Dream' range; I filled in the middle with bits of script & button-edged paper and mini printouts of artwork by Waterhouse.
Again, I've only chosen a few pages (the journal has about 30-odd pages). In this layout, the buff-coloured cardstock with the multi-coloured edge at both ends of the pages are from DCWV 'Once Upon A Time' matstack; the blue background is from a collage book of papers; the music sheet is from a collection of random A4 papers I picked up.
Blue hand-made paper at either end of the pages, together with gorgeous K&Co paper (6x6) from the 'Bailey' range; it was quite a wrench to use it!! The clear gel-like stickers have actual shells in them, can't remember where I got them from; the word 'Believe' is raised on 3D foam; and I stuck a little starfish on the mermaid's hair. The page edges have been inked with royal blue ink.
K&Co papers again; the alphabets are from a range called Heartwarming Vintage Booklets (styled like a swatchbook) 'Altered Alphabets & More'.
The main image is from art-e-zine; the small fairy under the skeleton leaf is from the Artsy Collage 'Pretty' Collection and the shiny flowers & leaves are from Early Learning Centre (educational toyshop). The papers edging the top & bottom of the pages are from the Brenda Pinnick collection.
Using papers from DCWV 'Once Upon A Time' for the whole layout, I cut out butterflies from a card & attached them with 3D foam. I cut the paper (actually they're more cardstock than paper) on the right in half and stuck the outside edges to the page with clear tape which I covered with more cardstock and decorated the insides with more butterflies. I finished off with tying shiny blue fibres on as the closure.
The image of 'Miranda' by Waterhouse is backed on cardstock from the 'Once Upon A Time' range & accented with a single bead. The aqua fibre is anchored at the bottom of the page by a shell on 3D foam. I'm not sure what the 'stuff' is which I've used above & below the picture -- its like sandy glitter. It was in a tub of art stuff given to me by a friend to either use or get rid of. She wasn't sure what it was either! But I like the effect...
How romantic is this? 'Romeo and Juliet' by Frank Dicksee. Another paper from K&Co 'Bailey' colletion & swirly stamps from Hot off the Press; I originally used light blue ink but when I used red chalk to tone down the stark whiteness of the page, it changed the colour of the stamped image -- contemplated throwing a hissy fit then decided I liked it.
Used shaped-edged scissors to cut around the image of 'Psyche' by William Bouguereau and backed it onto paper from K&Co 'McKenna' range, which is also on the left page. The big flowers are by DCWV.
This is the last page in the journal. The image is backed onto cardstock from 'Once Upon A Time' & the page is edged with red satin ribbon; the papers on the right are by Anna Griffin.